Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weaning is HARD WORK!!!

Many of you know I am in the process of weaning my son, however it is NOT as easy as I thought it would be to do! I am down to two feedings a day, once in the morning and once in the evening before his bedtime. I'm hoping to have Isaac completely weaned by the beginning of the year,however at this point, I'm not so sure??? My son is certainly a "boob man"! :-)

Although many may think I'm nuts for nursing him still, I know it has been the BEST thing for him! Thank God he is strong and healthy and has yet to get sick or have to take any medicine! (I probably just put my foot in my mouth and jinxed us. . .he will probably get sick now!) I really think my breast milk keeps my son healthy. . .it's like a power drink for him! Isaac has had a couple mild colds but nothing that has been serious. Breast-milk is absolutely amazing and soooooo beneficial for babies. . .
AND apparently I have some SUPER-DUPER MILK!!!
You can just look at Isaac and know he is a VERY healthy boy!
Might just have to sell some of this stuff on eBay!

Think it might be time to stop nursing when your child
brings the Boppy Nursing Pillow to you when they are hungry???

Although we hide the Boppy pillow from our son,
he still manages to find it!!!

This is Isaac asking for the boob!
I'm burning that Boppy!!!

Isaac is on a climbing kick!

He is certainly ALL BOY!!!
Isaac climbs everything and we are constantly
having to chase him around and pick him up from stuff!

He has absolutely no FEAR . . . and he is only going to get

more fearless! They say the first two years of a child's life,

our main job is to keep them alive!!!

I absolutely agree and can certainly relate!


Since Isaac keeps us super-busy and is always full of energy, I returned the favor by playing him REALLY, REALLY hard. We played sooooooo much, the poor little guy passed out in his chair!

He looks so sweet when he sleeps!

Although our lives are chaotic at times
and really busy with our son, it is still
the greatest experience we have ever shared
together! At night when we put our son to
sleep and we reflect on the day, Jason and
I just look at each other and laugh at the
craziness our little boy fills it with! We
truly do enjoy it all, even when it's tough!
We realize our son is growing so fast and we
need to enjoy ALL of him, no matter how hard!


Plus, that is the wonderful thing about pictures
and video. . .we have PROOF of our son's wild
and chaotic behavior! We can give him a hard
time when he is older and of course reminisce
and smile about it all!

Me with my little busy man!

This picture says it all!

2 comments:

Alex and Melissa said...

I guess all I can say is to follow your heart. If weaning is pulling at your heart strings then continue with the two feedings until you are more ready. Issac will get over it and at this stage will be just fine without natures milk. It's just a matter of what works out best for you guys.

Lucas and Stef Duncan said...

Isaac is going to be the kid that goes up to his Mom, and says "I'm thirsty" while he lifts up your shirt! LOL!!!!!!!!! Just kidding of course, Breast Milk RULES!!