Monday, September 15, 2008

Mama LOVES crafts!!!

My baby boy was turning 1 year
and I couldn't wait to start planning
his FIRST birthday party!!!

I LOVE to do crafts and his
first birthday was the perfect
opportunity for me to make a bunch
of homemade goodies for his party!

Lots of traditions I want to pass along. . .


Hopefully they are ones he will want to pass
along to his children one day too!!!


Isaac's First Birthday Invites! Simple, but cute!

No fiesta is complete without the fun-ness of Cascarones!!!!

I made 60, so needless to say,

Jason and I ate A LOT of eggs for over a month!

LOTS of yummy quiches and omelets!

We're not complaining, but we should

probably have our cholestrol checked out! :-]

After blowing out the inside of the egg, I rinse and let dry.

I then fill with lots of colorful confetti and seal.

Finally, I paint with glue and sprinkle

with lots of glitter and then attach to a cone,

which is just rolled newspaper,

decorated with colorful tissue paper!

We ate LOTS of eggs and we read

LOTS of newspapers!!! :-]


The final product, a beautiful and colorful Cascarone!

It's a fun Mexican tradition I want Isaac to enjoy at all of his

birthday celebrations! You crack the Cascarones on someone's

head for good luck!


Isaac's birthday theme was color,

so each child guest at his party

also left with a box of crayons,

that had a tag attached and a cute little saying!

The tag for both the Cascarones and crayons said. . .

"My life is blessed and more "colorful" because of you!

Thank you for sharing in my special day! Love, Isaac"

Yes! I thought of that all on my own!!! :-]

Each party guest also left with a baggie

filled with candy and confetti.

I made separate baggies for the babies,

which included teething biscuits

and age appropriate candies.

I created a tag that included Isaac's name and birthday date!

Another tradition I want to pass to my children,

is a teddy bear cake for their birthdays growing up!

My mom made one for me on
my birthdays and I loved them!


Making the teddy bear cake was so much fun! It was

three different flavors - strawberry, dark chocolate, and marble!

I filled the middle with yummy dark chocolate and it was

soooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

Isaac's 1st Birthday Cake!!!

His first teddy bear cake!

Of course, I had to do something for

Isaac that included pictures!!!

We ALL know how crazy I am about pictures!

I made a board that included pictures

taken throughout his first year!

Ahhhhh, so many wonderful memories!!!

Can't believe how fast my baby boy is growing up!


No party is complete without a pinata!!!!!

I made Isaac a pinata in the shape of a number one!

I used to make pinata's with my mom

and they are so much fun to do!

Just another family tradition I want to pass along. . .

Isaac's First Pinata!!!


No comments: