Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Isaac's first camping trip!

Jason has been wanting to take a family camping trip for a very long time! The last time he and I went was Labor Day weekend 2006. We decided to finally go last weekend and it was quite the adventure, especially with Isaac! Needless to say, it was a learning experience, but one that we will always remember and I'm sure one day, laugh about!!! :)


Yippee!!! Going on my first camping trip!
Our big boy is now facing forward in the car. He likes it much better!


Jason sets up our home away from home!


Isaac and Mama just sat and supervised while Papa put the tent up! :)


Isaac loved this chair, wouldn't give it up!
Might need to go out and get him his own.


We made the inside of the tent nice and cozy for us!


Isaac had lots of fun exploring the inside of the tent!

Already collecting boy stuff!
Think he is going to be a rock collector! :)

Time to go on a long hike!

We LOVE to go on long hikes and explore the mountains!
Along the way, we stopped, enjoyed snacks and absorbed
the beauty of our surroundings. It was such a goregous day!!!

Isaac is a VERY curious little boy and needs to see
what is going on ALWAYS!!! I love how he poked his
head out the entire time so he could see his surroundings too!

Another pic of Isaac poking his head out! :)

Simba LOVES the outdoors and was really enjoying herself as she explored!

Of course, I stopped A LOT to take pictures!
Yes, I'm a picture addict!!!
Isaac will remember every day of his life! :)


We kept the menu very simple for our dinners. We roasted hot dogs and made mac n' cheese. Of course, we had to have S'mores!!! Our breakfast was also the BEST! That is never simple, just big and very yummy! Helps sustain our long hikes! :)

The days were wonderful, however the nights not so much! Our little man could not get comfortable in his pack n' play and also had a small cough that would wake him up during the night! Jason and I drove around the mountain on Saturday morning at 3 a.m. and I drove around Sunday morning at 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. It was the only way to get Isaac to fall asleep in his car seat! I was also the one who stayed in the car with Isaac so we didn't have to wake him. Trying to sleep in the driver's seat was not comfortable! It was a tough weekend as we got very little sleep! We left the mountain as soon as the sun rose on Sunday!!! We were all ready to get home, take showers, and sleep in our comfy beds! :)

Live and learn!


No comments: