Friday, September 5, 2008

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, ISAAC!!!


A Year of Firsts. . .
A Year of Pure Joy!
Happened So Fast. . .
For Our Baby Boy!!!

Today is Isaac's first birthday and we had such a fun day with the family!!! Hard to believe he is already 1 year old. Went by soooooooooooooo fast!

Of course, I have been doing A LOT of reminiscing today about Isaac! I have been missing my baby belly so much too! I LOVED being pregnant!!! Didn't like the fact that I was 11 days overdue, however I really had a great pregnancy. May have to start working on Baby #2!?!?!?! :)


Isaac's first photograph!!!
Inside Mama's belly at 20 weeks!
I remember how awesome and wonderful
it felt to see our baby for the first time!
We didn't find out the gender of the baby, so that
just added to the excitement of our pregnancy!
We couldn't wait to have our baby so we could
find out if we were having a boy or a girl!!!
Maybe that's why being 11 days overdue was so hard! :)
We wanted to meet our little bambino!
It's definitely fun not finding out and Jason and I
don't think we ever will. It's the ultimate surprise!!!


Isaac's hospital picture! Since we didn't know the gender
we bought a neutral baby outfit, which I think looks
just perfect on him. More boyish than girlish!!!
It was meant for a boy! :)


Oooohhh, I certainly remember this!!!
Not a fun memory, that's for sure! The labor wasn't
too bad until right before I was ready to push.
Thank God for Jason!!!! He was absolutely wonderful
and did everything just right for me. He knew
exactly what to do and gave me just the right amount
of encouragement. There was a moment when he was
giving too much encouragement and I had to tell him
in a very short and stern way to "stop talking"! :)
Noise was the worst thing during my labor
and it really distracted me!
It was like hearing sharp nails on a chalkboard!!!
I just wanted to focus on the pain and
get through each contraction and the only
way I could do that was with
absolutely NO NOISE in the room!
Jason jokes that I had the most quiet room
in the hospital, but it was the only way
I could focus and get through the pain.
I joke with Jason that I almost considered
getting an epidural,
but only when he was talking!!! :)

Our first family photo!!! Taken shortly after our son was born!

Papa holds his son for the first time!

The first kiss!!! :)

God blessed us with great joy, by giving us a baby boy!

Isaac Daniel
September 5, 2007 @ 10:51 a.m.
10 lbs, 7 oz

I couldn't stop staring at my new baby boy!
I was sooooooo happy to have a son!
I was instantly in love with Isaac!!!
Having a child changes everything and it's
the greatest and most fullfilling experience
I have ever gone through and continue to go through.
The moment Isaac was born, my life was so much better.
Everyday is a great day when you have children,
even when you think it's tough!
There is nothing that compares!!!

Just a couple of hours old and already sucking his thumb!


Jason is one proud Papa!!! He was so excited to have his boy!
Jason announced the sex of our baby and that was
one of the most special moments we have ever shared together!
To see Jason with our son, melts my heart and just
gives me the best feeling. He is an amazing father
and I feel so blessed that we will
share in this adventure together!!!

Look at those cheeks, perfect for kissing!!!
MUAH!!!!!


Isaac was certainly a big boy when born!
Jason was also a big boy - 10 lbs, 8 oz.
Isaac was 10 lbs, 7 oz
so just 1 oz between the two when born!
My doctor says he tells his girls that when they go on a first
date with a new guy, one of the first questions they should
ask is "how big were you when born?"
Guess I missed that question with Jason!!! :)


Jason and I used to stare so much at
Isaac while he slept! We couldn't get enough
of him! To look at him and know he was
our son, was just amazing and wonderful!!!
We were so happy to have our baby and be a family!

Our litte cutie pie with a head full of dark hair!
They say you get bad heart burn when the baby
has a bunch of hair, but that was not the case with me!
Those old wives tales were not accurate at all with me.
They all said I was having a girl!

One of our favorites!!! Just a few days old and looks like he is smiling!

2 comments:

Alex and Melissa said...

I was thinking of you all yesterday. I am sure the party was a blast. I can't wait to see pics from the party. Give Isaac a birthday kiss from his Aunt Melissa. Hope to see you guys soon.

Alex and Melissa said...

I am dying for some pictures of the party at the park...what is taking so long.lol.